Campaign Outreach Toolkit
Collective storytelling and outcomes data make an impact on policy makers in helping them understand the value we bring to their priority agendas. To help you advocate for Adult Education as an investment in America’s future, we have assembled these campaign outreach tools. These tools should help you showcase your success stories, garner press coverage, and motivate stakeholders to support adult education by contacting their legislators.
The Educate & Elevate Campaign Toolkit Includes:
- Use this link to send a simple email to your federal legislators about funding support for adult education, and share the link with your friends and family
- Give this link to students to lend their support for adult education funding and to share their unique successes
- A Campaign Fact Sheet you can send or bring to meetings with reporters or elected officials
- A Media Advisory Template to announce local events for The Educate & Elevate campaign
- News Release Template to announce your partnership in the campaign with local elected officials
- A campaign video to use on your state and local websites to educate target audiences about our national efforts
- Employer and student success stories, testimonials, and innovations taking place across the country in adult education
- Legislator Talking Points to use in presentations, customized letters, and on your website
- Learn how to arrange and conduct a visit with a legislator, legislative assistant, or regional representative
- Track your legislative appointments for this upcoming Capitol Hill Day in September 2017
- Strategies for a Legislative Briefing is a brief tutorial about what to do before, during and after a briefing
- Use this Stakeholder Event Planning Roadmap to plan an event at your adult school with legislators, employers and other key stakeholders
- Editable Poster or Rally signs for events, town halls, and local rallies
- Legislator letter templates – Share the link with your mailing list! Supporters can customize and use the locator tool to send to each of their state and local representatives to ask their support for Adult Education
- Legislator postcards are a quick way to let stakeholders show their support; customize with mailing labels directing them to your Senator, Representative or local officials
- Sample Proclamation 1 to be used in conjunction with National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week end of September 2017
- Sample Proclamation 2 to be used anytime to coincide with your outreach efforts
- Dedicated social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and campaign hashtag #educate&elevate and #AEFLWeek to support National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week in September 2017
- Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to get a sample data sheet that you can model for local and state outreach efforts
- PowerPoint Template to build community and stakeholder presentations
- Educational webinars and coaching with national marketing and communications experts to leverage the Campaign Toolkit for your advocacy efforts
- Regular eblasts on campaign progress and highlights from across the country in adult education innovations and successes
- Post the Educate & Elevate logo to your website as a “Proud Partner”
- Download the State Director & State Leadership Mobilization Toolkit
- Download the PowerPoint Template to brief statewide adult education organizations about the campaign
- Take the State Director & State Leadership Participation Survey
We hope this toolkit helps you share your success and advocate for your programs and students. And feel free to share your successes–the stories that are written by and about you–with us–send them to info@EducateandElevate.org.
Advocacy efforts are underwritten due to a partnership with Aztec Software
What is the benefit of participating?
Any adult educator and adult education organization may participate in the campaign. Your organization will be highlighted on the national website, and you’ll receive marketing materials with educational webinars on how to execute successfully to get national recognition and build a business case of support for adult education. Collective storytelling and outcomes data make an impact to policy makers in helping them understand the value we bring to their priority agendas.