Get Ready to Hit the Hill
Story Musgrave Joins Educate & Elevate as Campaign Advocate
In the coming weeks, expect to hear more stories from leaders like Musgrave about the value of adult education as Educate & Elevate seeks to advocate for this vital resource. If you have an extraordinary example of someone who has used adult education as a catalyst, resulting in exceptional success, contact us at email@example.com.
Champion of the Week:
Hats Off to COLLO
The Coalition of Lifelong Learning Organizations (COLLO) has taken steps to announce its participation and echo support for the Educate & Elevate Campaign through its website. Formally established in 1973, COLLO consists of national associations and groups that share a common interest in enhancing the field of lifelong learning (adult and continuing education) throughout the nation. These organizations represent public schools, institutions of higher education, industry, labor groups, and most importantly, the learners themselves.
COLLO brings its member organizations together to foster closer cooperation and coordination of efforts to develop, maintain, and improve adult learning in the United States. Internationally, the Coalition encourages networking among adult educators interested in international lifelong learning education.
Email Outreach: An Easy Way to Meet Your Legislators
- Click here to access our form and input your contact information and zip code.
- When you click “submit,” a pre-populated, editable support email appears ready to send.
- Click “submit” and the email automatically goes to the correct legislator(s) based on your zip code.
Using the Mobilization Toolkit to Engage Adult Education Organizations
Last week, adult education state association presidents, state directors, and state leadership attended a live webinar to get up to speed on the Educate & Elevate campaign. Participants were provided a Mobilization Toolkit with strategies to engage their statewide adult education organizations in the campaign.
Here are the top 5 strategies from the Toolkit that can be executed easily.
- Ensure that your state-specific web page is correct. The Educate & Elevate website has been expanded with a Locator Map Tool so that legislators can learn more about the adult education innovations taking place within each state. Locate your state’s web page using the Locator Map Tool and make sure that your state’s information is correct. Submit innovations at this link, especially if you do not see any listed on your state’s web page.
- If your organization has a website, place the campaign logo and campaign byline noted in the Mobilization Toolkit on your website. Create active links on your website to the campaign’s pre-populated, editable support emails to encourage friends, colleagues, and students to send to legislators.
- Make sure all statewide adult education organizations are aware of the Educate & Elevate campaign by sharing the recorded kickoff webinar at this link.
- Request that adult education organizations in your state submit both adult learner success stories, as well as employer success stories.
- Forward all news found at this link using your email distribution lists to raise awareness and increase promotion.
Educate & Elevate Expands Campaign Website for States
With about three weeks to go until our Capitol Hill visits, the Educate & Elevate campaign website has been expanded with state-specific pages to give state leaders an opportunity to showcase all of their great successes and innovations.
Click (here) to check out the new Locator Map and then select your state. You’ll see a section that houses state contacts, data, reports and innovations and successes. If you don’t see any innovations or success stories about adult learners and/or employers, then it’s time to use the links below to submit.
We’ll be pushing legislators to your state-specific pages to learn more about what you are doing, so make sure to submit now!
Get Students, Colleagues, Family & Friends Involved
- Share this link with your friends, family, and colleagues to send a ready-made support email to state and federal elected officials. The template automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Share this link with your adult learners/students to send a ready-made support email template to their state and federal elected officials. Students can add their stories, sharing how adult education made a difference in their lives. This template also automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Complete and print copies of this editable postcard to bring to class, and have students sign and mail to your local, state and federal officials.
Educate & Elevate Champion Highlights
Did you know that cross promoting the Educate & Elevate campaign on your website can bring recognition to your organization? And, we’ve made it super easy for you to participate.
Take a look at the following Educate & Elevate Champions who have been very creative in their cross promotional efforts by placing the Educate & Elevate logo on their websites in various locations as a “proud partner”; using #educate&elevate and sending updates via social media; special announcements; and sending eblasts to its members with updates.
Amanda became a single mother working low paying jobs and barely managing, even after
When Zenaida first came to Genesis Center, she did not know she had a gift as a writer
Have an adult learner success story or testimonial?
Have a narrative summary of an adult education program?
Our exciting campaign video is now live!